Colne Valley Railway is situated at Castle Hedingham Station, close to Halstead in Essex, England. This heritage railway operates a mile long running line with reconstructed station, railway yard and signal box. The Colne Valley is home to several former mainline steam locomotives and offers dining services on a monthly basis on its Pullman.
One of the feature annual events here in Essex, England is Thomas Days Out. Meet Thomas and Friends at the Colne Valley Railway, together Thomas are Mavis and Daisy, Diesel, Troublesome Trucks and The Fat Controller himself keeping an ever watchful eye of his engines making sure their being very useful. This is certainly a magical day out for the children and entire family.
Their ticket prices are fully inclusive and include all rides and attractions. Plan ahead and make reservations to avoid disappointment. There is so much do for everyone and the value is evident in the activities and free give always for the kids. Whether you’re in the mood to picnic in the large grassy area at the station or ride on The Express Coaches (reserved seating is required) being pulling by your favorite engine, Thomas, the day spent here is just delightful.
Come and visit Colne Valley Railway and ride the trains with us!
Here is a list of activities the children will enjoy during this event:
• Reserved Seats in 'The Express Coaches' behind Thomas, on our 1mile of line.
• A large grass picnic area at the station
• Ride in another Friend of Thomas.
• Other friends may iinclude, 'Daisy', 'Percy', 'Mavis', 'Toad', 'Terence', 'Mail Coach', Road Roller 'Trevor ',and 'Diesel'
• 'Sir Topham Hatt, The Fat Controller' will be in charge of Thomas and his Friends.
• Free Thomas stickers, temporary tattoos, and other items.
• Many free under cover games including the Fat Controller Skittles, Hit the Signal and others
• The Imagination Station - Thomas related craft and the Play Bus for the very young.
• Garden and Miniature Railways operating. (weather permitting)
• Well stocked souvenir shop with a large range of Thomas gifts and souvenirs.
• Large grass picnic area at station.
• Free Face Painting, and junior engineer certificates
• Exhibition Centre, Signal Box, and Model Railway display open. 10.00 - 17.00
• Real life Thomas story enactment. at 12.10 and 15.00
• Buffet, Hot and Cold food open 09.30 - 16.00 drinks until 17.00