Come and ride on the Dean Forest Railway, The Friendly Forest Line! Enjoy cozy compartment coaches for an unforgettable steam ride along its 4.25 mile long heritage railway which runs between Lydney and Parkend in the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire.
Spend a Day Out with Thomas at the Dean Forest Railway during his annual stop in Lydney, Gloucestershire. Wilbert one of Thomas’ fine engines works here and did you know that the Reverend W. Awdry once served as the president of the line. And the incomparable Christopher Awdry visited this very railway aboard Thomas. Daisy who is a diesel engine and is friends with Thomas joins him here during this magical event. Enjoy the opportunity to ride with Thomas and Daisy.
There are wonderful activities planned which include re-enactments of Troublesome Trucks and Thomas and Diesel Race or watch Daisy chase the steam train as it departs. Other special rides include Thomas Brake Van Rides. Win a prize during the SPOT THOMAS COMPETITION, you must complete and enter the Competition Sheet to earn a chance.
Overall the day is about making children happy and you shall by spending a Day Out with Thomas at the Dean Forest Railway.
Here is a list of activities the children will enjoy during this event:
• Unlimited travel aboard the steam train to Lydney Junction.
• Story-telling trip into the forest all the way to Parkend in Daisy the Diesel
• Rides in Toad the brake van pulled by Thomas - Look out for Sir Topham Hatt!
• The Troublesome Trucks with Devious Diesel will be providing entertainment.
• Face painting, Punch & Judy, Miniature railway rides, a Roundabout and Competition with prizes.
• The Imagination Station - Story Telling, Thomas & Friends DVD screenings, coloring pages & table-top toys.
• Children's entertainer travels on the steam train.
• Thomas and Diesel race.
• Children receive the Junior Engineer Certificate for riding.
• Temporary Thomas Tattoos and Thomas stickers.
Day Out with Thomas at the Dean Forest Railway video
Other Day Out with Thomas related articles in the United Kingdom